Saturday, 2 April 2011

21 Day Fast Diary... You shall receive power!

When I began my 21 day fast, I knew that this was going to be big. I knew that this was the designated time for many to be sealed with the Holy Spirit or renewed and I knew that I was definitely going to be one of the many, but I didn’t imagine that it would be THIS big, THIS powerful! My joy at what is happening with me and what is happening in the church of the Lord Jesus is inexpressible. Everyday I am delighted to be hearing experiences of people who were touched by the Spirit of God Himself in amazing ways. Nothing in this life is more rewarding. So, if you haven’t yet, I advise you to throw yourself into the spirit of this campaign. Do the 21 day fast with all your strength. You cannot afford to let this opportunity pass you by!

As I began the fast, I remember thinking there was one thing that I was going to miss very much when I let go of entertainment, because I quite enjoyed it. It was the one thing that I did to relax, something I always looked forward to the whole week long. When the fast started, I braced myself. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy to do without it, and it wasn’t. Every time I’d miss it, I’d tell myself, “It’s only for 21 days. Soon you’ll get to enjoy it again. Give these 21 days to God!” Then, the Holy Spirit spoke to me!

‘What is the point of going through all this 21-day disintoxication only to rush to intoxicate yourself again, once the 21 days are over? Why take this time to cleanse yourself, purify yourself and get closer to the Me, only to go back to doing the very things that drove you away from Me in the first place? Will I do all this hard work of reviving you in vain?’ Nothing more needed to be said. I knew what I had to do. So, I have decided to give up my one source of entertainment, not for 21 days, nor a year, but for the rest of my life. The thing I enjoyed doing wasn’t sinful. It could be considered permissible, but it wasn’t beneficial! When the Holy Spirit asked me to choose, Him or me, His will or my will, a war waged inside of me. My flesh didn’t want to give up its desire. The rest of my life seems like such a long time. Oh how my flesh wept! Even now, when I think about it, my flesh is still weeping! The war is still going on!

‘But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me…’ (Acts 1:8)

The Holy Spirit gives me power to change. He gives me power to renounce. He gives me power to do the Will of God – to be a witness to Him! God doesn’t expect me to fight this war against my flesh alone. He has provided me an Ally – a Helper! And, when He comes upon me, I receive power! So, back to the choice that faced me... me or Him? There is no contest, no choice really. HIM, HIM AND HIM ALONE!!! Because when He comes upon me, not only do I receive power, but He brings me joy – joy that surpasses any joy I can get from any form of entertainment. Oh, what a day!!!

You too can receive this power – power to overcome addictions you have been battling with for so long, power to change things you couldn’t change for so many years! Find out how here.

6 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

youn are invited to follow my blog

covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

Gabby said...

I honestly totally agree with you . Entertainment as in T.V only feeds us junk and what is the whole point to disintoxicate and then intoxicate ourselves back we shall just leave it all at once. Thanks for the message
-Gabby

diana bolumbu said...

I thank God for this blog so much, it has opened my eyes. First of all, what I want to say is that I think a lot of people are going through this phrase as well. "Ooo how I can't wait for 21 days to be over". Not because they don't enjoy 21 days, believe me it is such an experience. But because they aren't looking deeper into the picture. Personally, when this 21 days came, I thought oh wow it's going to be so hard blah blah. But once you start to get closer to God and actually pay attention to the things that matter in life, like our salvation. Believe me, things like entertainement and all sorts of plesures this world offers will seem like nothing! Why? Because you will be filled with something much more greater - the Holy Spirit! Diane Bolumbu x

Sabrina Durant said...

Its very true what you say about after the 21 day fast. Are we going to go back to intoxicating ourselves with the very things we are doing to detox? It is something we really have to look at with spiritual eyes and not physically. Which also makes me to think about the sisterhood rush month tasks that we are currently doing. I have always been saying to myself even though the three months will be soon over, does it mean that I will run back to my old ways of doing things? dressing anyhow for the Wednesday meetings, no more doing the blogs or cooking for friends and family? I thought to myself I can't stop doing these things because these are the very things which have been helping me and even challenging me in my faith and is the main reason of my Baptism in the Holy Spirit. It is like preparing myself and then hitting the 'undo' button on the computer screen.It just doesn't make any sense. So I will continue in this way for the 21 days fast and cut things that have been more of a distraction than a help and focus on things that will add to me rather then take away. It will be a sacrifice but it is either His way or Hit the highway back to the destruction I just left.

Mzwandile said...

I'll be honest, I'm one of those people who can't wait to get back to my movies and my music.. and Facebook. But this post has alerted me. Indeed, whats the point of separating myself for God, if afterwards I'll carry on like the 21 days never happened? Kwanzima