Thursday, 30 June 2011

I Hate You!

This Sunday a new hatred was born inside of me – hatred against insecurities. The more I thought about them, the more I realized that they were a stumbling block to the faith. There is nothing that tears down an inspiration from God faster than insecurities, because they lead to doubt. They are satan’s biggest weapon against those whom God has called. If you have your doubts about that, look at the following examples.

Moses – when God first appeared to him and inspired him to go and set the children of Israel free from slavery, his response was:  “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?” “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” (Exodus 3:11,4:10)

Jeremiah – he didn’t do any better when he also was called. He argued: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”  (Jeremiah 1:6)

Gideon – Even after manifesting a great revolt, when God commanded him to go in his strength, he replied: “O my Lord,[b] how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” (Judges 6:15)

These men didn’t even think twice about their answers. Their insecurities were rooted so deeply within them that they came naturally to them. And the same applies to many of us. We are so used to living with our insecurities, that they have become second nature to us, and certainly a stumbling block to our faith, if we give into them. If the men mentioned above had given into their insecurities, they would not have been mentioned in the Bible. God would have had to move on and find other people He could use. What about us? How many times has God had to move on from us to find other people He could use, because we couldn’t overcome our insecurities and answer His call?

Reasons why you should hate insecurities:

  •          They make you have small expectations. Because of insecurities, you end up dreaming small dreams, because you don’t believe you deserve better.
  •          You don’t give a good image of your God when you are insecure, because you induce pity from others.
  •          They make you the tail and not head, because you believe that’s your place.
  •          They give you a spirit of fear and timidity and not of power.
  •          They are the opposite of what God wants for you.


God is about to do great things, GREAT THINGS, in people’s lives. But, what you will receive will be according to your faith. The first thing is to overcome your insecurities and believe you are worth the dream that you dream secretly. Your may have the biggest revolt in the world, the biggest faith, but if you do not believe in yourself, if you do not believe that you are worth much, the revolt you have will lead to very small blessings. What a waste that will be!  Do whatever it takes to overcome your insecurities. Hate them, act against them. Don’t accept them to belittle you. Next time have this thought, ‘Who are you?’ Tell yourself, ‘I am God’s mighty warrior, who are you to stand in my way! Get behind me, because I hate you!’

4 comments:

Janice Hermínio said...

This is so true Mrs.Bernardino . How many times we loose so many oportunities due to our insecurities ... If we want to make a difference there's one thing we should always keep in mind , God called us so He knows we are capable ... Thank you this was so helpful . God bless you <3

Va'Nessah said...

Its true Mrs Moti,
its like this why would God call us if He knows we arn't capable of doing whatever He wants us to do. He obviously chose us because He knows deep down that whatever He puts in out hands we will exceed in it greatly. We really do have to hate these insecurities it impedes the work of God.

Simone said...

This is awesome... Funny enough this is how I came away from Sunday thinking... It is funny because recently God has given me a taste of my dream... Then the thought came to me "what if you can't hack it? What if you will fail?" I had to turn right around and say WHAT IF I ACHIEVE!

I mean for so long I have allowed these insecurities to hold me back, I could be so much further now but I let my insecurities hold me back... And now they try and come back, the check! as my mum would say!

But I'm telling you, that this new found hatred is more then an emotion that can be shifted or moved but it something that forms part of me. Now even when the insecurity seems so strong, it's not stronger than the hatred against that which is in me!

Ahhh if only I really understood how much time I wasted, now there is no time to waste... Well I refuse to waste time anyway!

Gbu x

Deborah said...

This is just what I needed :) Thanks